Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Decorah

This one's quick. No picture today as I just finished the exploring and haven't had a chance to upload them. We're in Decorah, Iowa and we went to see a beautiful waterfall as well as explore an ice cave. The waterfall was a series of small drops but formed an overall good sized fall. I'd really like to find a nice waterfall which is one solid drop with lots of water, but they're hard to come by. 

The ice cave was pretty scary, no one was there because it's kind of not advertised and I doubt as to whether any people who aren't from around here would be know about it (or at least not very many). We had to weasel our way into this small crack and I brought my photo gear in. I refused to go in by myself cause I was worried but it was really cold in there. I took a few painted with light images with my dad and I can't put them together on this computer cause it's slow. You'll have to look forward to it once I get home.

Anyway, tomorrow' we're gonna end up in South Dakota so it'll be a long drive. I finally got to talk to katie on the phone today and boy did that feel good, probably the best thing all day! haha

Anyway, out for now
Dan

1 comment:

  1. don't be a wuss

    those caves are there for exploring. Cold to keep the people out without any hair on their arms. How far a ride will it be to south dakota? I want an image of a road that goes forever, to help me understand the long drive

    ReplyDelete